Join the growing Sesame Solar team and help make Mobile Nanogrids that solve big problems for big companies and government agencies, including solar and green hydrogen-powered Solutions for disaster/emergency preparedness and rapid response to extreme weather events (wildfires, earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes and storms) that can be setup by one person in less than 15 minutes. Your job can literally help save lives and reduce pollution caused by the use of fuel generators. Our factory is based in Jackson, MI USA. Learn more about us at www.sesame.solar
Successful candidates care about climate change, respect science, and have at least 3 years of relevant experience, are mechanically skilled, are skilled at welding, using shop tools and reading blueprints, make accurate measurements, and perform careful and quality work on time and on budget. They are good team members, safety conscious, great problem solvers, have good oral and written communications skills, and can work well independently as well. They are curious and interested in learning new skills. Those who perform well can advance to other roles in the company. When possible, we prefer to promote from within. Electrical wiring experience is a big plus.
Job duties include:
- Assisting our Production Manager with mechanical and electrical implementation, trailer fabrication, welding, assembly, and maintenance tasks.
- Performing diagnostic tests on mechanical and electrical systems.
- Troubleshooting malfunctions and breakdowns, as well as performing repairs.
- Documenting processes and maintaining service records.
- Monitoring the availability of parts and replenishing supplies.
- Optimizing efficiency by adjusting machinery and equipment settings.
- Training co-workers on the safe and efficient use of tools, machinery and welding equipment.
- Maintaining a clean and neat work environment and adhering to industry regulations.
- Background check required.
- Covid Vaccination and booster required
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Covid 19 Vaccination required (we offer paid time to get one within 5 days of hire).
- Must be located in Jackson, MI.
Additional Skills Desired:
- Ability to lift moderate weight (up to 40 lbs)
- Ability to drive a forklift
Part-time schedule available as well. Military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply.
A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more due to Covid or other illness.