Sesame Solar is looking for an experienced person to lead our producdtion team. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of a company decarbonizing disaster response and off-grid power.
Meet Sesame Solar:
Sesame Solar is producing what it deems the world’s first fully-renewable Mobile Nanogrid for natural disaster respoonse. While almost all standard responses to disasters use fossil fuel, Sesame Solar leverages solar energy, green hydrogen and battery storage creating a 100% off-grid. closed-loop energy system.
Depending on the model, our Nanogrids can produce between 3 – 20 kW of solar power, with a total battery storage of 15 – 200 kWh. They are engineered and pre-configured to meet peak and average use and provide uninterrupted, sustainable power. Our Mobile Nanogrids can be used as mobile emergency, communications and command centers, medical units, clean water generators, and provide backup power for buildings and remote communities.
Why Join Us
- Innovating and moving fast in a slow-moving industry with mostly diesel options, leading to plenty of inbound interest from cities, government agencies, and corporations.
- The Press has been rolling in and will continue to. Leading to lots of inbound interest. See a few articles here, and here.
- Sesame Solar has traction, attention, a great product, and a team that can execute. This is the perfect time to join for someone who has experience scaling manufacturing, and enjoys being able to make a massive impact at an earlier stage without bureaucracy.
- Work closely with co-founders Lauren Flanagan and Namit Jhanwar to lead production
- Plan the next iteration of the manufacturing flows
- Select the technical platforms that better adjust to the needs of the product and industry
- Automate and optimize their processes
- 7+ years experiene in production and manufacturing management in the electric vehicles, electric motors, batteries, drone manufacturing, aerospace, wind energy, hydraulics or robotics industries, including managing production teams of <50, and >150.
- Understanding of advanced manufacturing process flow and best manufacturing practices. Experience with robotic welding, 3D printing is a plus.
- Must be Quality focused. ISO Certification experience is a plus.
- Background or studies in Engineering.
- Creative and innovative problem solving skills
- Working in a hands-on, fast-paced, early stage company environment.
- Must be located in Jackson, MI.
Salary plus bonus of up to 50% of salary plus stock options and benefits.
APPLY NOW FOR THIS POSITION
Use the form below to submit your application for the position: